Monday, December 11, 2017

25 Days of Hallmark Movies: Day 11: "The Christmas Secret" Starring Bethany Joy Lenz and John Reardon

Now this is the 11th fucking Hallmark movie I've seen in so many days. And as much as I'd like to say this is a superior holiday story, I know that my standards have more likely been eroded and now I'm just a big sap for when the crescendo hits and the couple finally kiss in time for Christmas.

I stand by my present assertion, however, and suggest that this particular one was put together slightly better than the others. Plus I think it did a good job of loading up the main character's pain and stress to as far as a viewer can manage before letting the good fortune, romance and cheer hit you square between the eyes.


Plot summary: "While her life is falling apart, single mom Christine finds a magical family heirloom that leads to love and good fortune during Christmas."




























Romance Factor: 8 out of 10
Christmas Cheer: 4 out of 10
Overall Rating: 6 out of 10
Time Until First Kiss: 1:12:37


No comments: