Thursday, March 2, 2017
And Now, Vince's Uncle Roberto Explains How To Prepare For A Phone Interview
1) Keep your resume in clear view, on the top of your desk, or tape it to the wall near the phone, so it's at your fingertips when you need to answer questions.
2) Have a short list of your accomplishments available to review.
3) Have a pen and paper handy for note taking.
4) Turn call-waiting off, so your call isn't interrupted.
5) If the time isn't convenient, ask if you could talk at another time and suggest some alternatives.
6) Clear the room — evict the kids and the pets. Turn off the stereo and the TV. Close the door.
7) If you have a landline, use that instead of your cell phone. That way, you'll eliminate the possibility of poor reception or dropped calls.
And speaking of "dropped," if I'm pulling my limo up to your destination (say, a casino) to drop you off, please don't act like a hot shot and try to roll out before I've come to a complete stop- it's extremely dangerous and you'll usually tumble out like a jackass in front of everyone there. Be safe, kids.