Thursday, February 5, 2009

An Imagined Conversation.

The following photo was found on the front page of the current issue of Local Talk, "New Jersey's Weekly Newspaper Covering Oranges, Irvington, Maplewood, Bloomfield, Montclair, Newark & More:"




Here now is that imagined conversation, already in progress:

Carol: Hey Sally.










Sally: Hi Carol. Sorry I'm late.










Carol: No, you're just in time. Now you can hold up the other end of the sign. I was propping your side up against the newspaper machine there.








Sally: Okay. Do you want coffee? I need a coffee.










Carol: Sally, you just got here.










Sally: I know, but I need my coffee to get the ol' juices flowing. I was in a rush, and I didn't have time to get my hair done, and I had to let the dog out, and...








Carol: "Get the juices flowing?" Sally, really.










Sally: It's not dirty. It's an expression I heard from Cyrus. And you know he doesn't swear.










Carol: Hold the sign straight, Sally. We're protesting here.










Sally: Yes, you're right. SAVE THE DEER!










Carol: SAVE THE DEER!










Sally: SAVE THE DEER!










Carol: SAVE THE... you're shaking the sign, Sally.










Sally: Sorry. This bag of copies is throwing me off.










Carol: Copies?










Sally: Yes, I made copies of my resumé to hand out! You wanna see?









Carol: I don't feel like you're taking this protest seriously, Sally. South Mountain's deer depend on us. And Shirley if she ever gets here.








Sally: Shirley is a whore and a slut.










Carol: SALLY!










Sally: I'm sorry. But the way she stole my sister's husband, I will never forgive her for. She's a homewrecker and a tramp.









Carol: Leave it out of the protest. Keep your mind here to protect the deer. SAVE THE DEER!









Sally: You're going to hate me, Carol, but I'm just not prepared to do this today. You've got your gloves and your Ugg boots, and I don't even have my hair in a bun, and I'm distracted from Shirley stealing Gerald from Anne. And the dog has diarrhea...Wait. Did that man just take a photo of us?





CLICK.

No comments: