Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ace In the Hole


There are these bagel carts all around the city that are always busy in the morning. They're along the way to a lot of people's office buildings (including Toucan Cleric's Fun), so it's very convenient to stop and buy a bagel for a quick breakfast.

The problem for me is the way the bagels sit on little shelves along the cart with the vendor just standing in the middle of it. Seems unhygienic. Especially when some of them are sitting on a shelf that's essentially cock-level. Add the fact that it's been a heatwave, and that bagel cart is in closed quarters, and BINGO– Sweaty balls millimeters from your onion roll!


Don't get me wrong- I'm not like some OCD-type handwashing germophobe. I just find it a little bit unsettling to eat something that's been sitting inches from some dude's crotch. Sure, an apron probably helps, but the guy who works the one near my office doesn't wear one. So, cock and balls.

No comments: