1) Start by trimming the bok choy stem off – don't trim too much – just the end.
2) Cut the thick stem off to ensure that the bok choy cooks evenly.
3) Separate out the bok choy leaves and rinse under running water.
4) Place wok or frying pan on your stove and pour in the cooking oil.
5) Add garlic and ginger. Turn the heat to medium-high. Let the ginger and garlic gently sizzle in the oil. When the aromatics become fragrant and light golden brown, add the bok choy leaves. Toss to coat each leaf with the garlicky, gingery oil.
And speaking of oil, whenever one of those high school kids falls asleep in my limo on prom night, you wouldn't believe the amount of grease their face leaves on my leather interior! Amazing, really.
Stay safe, kids.