Thursday, April 23, 2015

An Imagined Conversation



"Hello, Infiniti Group International."
"Hi, I think I just killed someone."
"Excuse me?"
"I... I think I just hit a biker in Midtown with my Pathfinder. I think he might be dead."
"Wait, this is not 911. This is the assistance line for Infiniti Group. We sell clocks."
"Clocks?"
"Yes, clocks. Do you have a clock problem?"
"Sort of. I think I killed a guy. I didn't mean – he just came out of a side road and I couldn't swerve in time. Can I turn time back before I did it?"
"Very funny. Please get off the phone."
"No, seriously. I need your help. It says 'Please call for assistance,' and that's what I'm doing."
"Was there an Infiniti brand clock on the scene of the accident?"
"Yes. That's where I found this sticker."
"Okay. Just give me your social security number and location, and I'll send our Temporal Task Force Police to revise your recent history."
"Oh, thank you!"

No comments: