Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Barry and His Strassburg Sock


When Barry went to his podiatrist to complain about his foot pain and to just complain about his life in general, Barry's podiatrist recommended The Strassburg Sock, a medieval-looking device that not only treats irritation and swelling of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot, but also makes your feet look like harps.


The ridiculousness of the appearance is deceiving, however. Turns out these socks actually do work, as Barry has attested after wearing for several weeks.



Here is Barry's story in his own words:


David,

I know that you’ve been intrigued with my Strassburg Sock. As a plantar fasciitis sufferer, my podiatrist prescribed the patented Strassburg Sock as part of my treatment regimen. The sock itself has an adjustable strap that attaches from the toe to the knee area, and is designed to stretch tight foot tendons that are the main cause of fasciitis pain.

At first, I was skeptical: What’s this crazy sock? Why does it make me look like a giant elf? And who the fuck was Strassburg? But now that I’ve worn it, here are my initial impressions:

1. In an emergency, the Strassburg Sock could kill you. I quickly realized that if a fire broke out, and I’m wearing the sock, my mobility would be severely limited. Trying to run on one good foot, the other curled up uselessly into a giant “C” shape, I would eventually stumble, and be consumed in the flames. For this reason, I am careful to complete a thorough fire safety check in my apartment before donning the sock.

2. The Strassburg Sock is unsightly. After wearing the sock for 15 minutes or so, my leg hairs poke out of the sheer fabric of the sock, resembling a little denuded forest in a snowy landscape. This unsettles me.

3. After 10 minutes, the Strassburg Sock makes your toes go numb. Actually, I’m not sure if I like this or not.

4. The Strassburg Sock works. My foot pain is nearly gone.

5. Dr. Strassburg is not a legendary Nazi podiatrist. His name is Terry Strassburg, and he’s a former Marine who lives in upstate New York. I was a little disappointed when I learned this.



To learn more about the Strassburg Sock and what it can do for you like it did for Barry Harpfoot, visit www.thesock.com or visit Strasbourg.

No comments: