Thursday, October 23, 2008

The One Where I Introduce The Wife To A Rolly Wrap

Recently J'Net had been talking about trying someplace new for lunch, having maxed out on Delmonico and Pret A Manger (shudder). So I mentioned the excellent Rolly Wraps that they serve at Old Bridge Deli. After describing how they are made, J'Net matter-of-factly said, "Oh, so they're panzerottis." I didn't know what the hell a panzerotti was but assured her it wasn't that. It was its own beautiful new thing.


So yesterday, Tom & I met her for lunch, where she ordered a Rolly Wrap. Again, Tom did not order one. And I opted for a salad. J'Net was automatically impressed by how you could pick the ingredients or go off the menu. She reluctantly ordered a "Philly," knowing full well it wasn't going to capture the essence of a real philly cheesesteak (hardly anything in New York does).

Once the guy started tucking the dough around the ingredients, J'Net automatically said that it was definitely not a panzerotti.


A few bites into the Rolly Wrap, and J'Net was sold. When asked to describe the Rolly Wrap in three words, she said, "liquidy, warm, and perfect amount of bread."


The Rolly Wrap continues its slow dominance of Manhattan, New York, and the United States.

1 comment:

adam-dexter said...

I'll be in NYC this Wednesday to see Banksy's show down in Greenwhich and just for shits and giggles, but you bet your sweet ass I'm going to make a point of going and getting a Rolly Wrap for lunch- that's for damn sure. I'll post my initial reactions to my Twitter- check it out: http://twitter.com/dex110