Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Butterscotch Gets Some


John Reid took it upon himself to post a personals ad on behalf of Butterscotch on Craigslist in the "Casual Encounters" section, the dating equivalent of the Mos Eisley spaceport. Here is the ad:

Butterscotch is Yummy!!!!1!!! - w4m

I am a life-sized plush pony that loves to be groomed and cared for. I have many features similar to that of a real pony, including moving eyes, ears and head, soft fur coat and a swishing tail. Through sensors, I can feel when I am being groomed and I will move my head toward you, and may whinny and snort. The more you touch me, the happier I become. Just like a real pony, I love carrots and can be "fed." Hold the pretend carrot to my face, and I will open my mouth for it, or shake my head "no" if I have had enough. You can even sit on Butterscotch and I will make walking sounds. Measures 39" tall. Requires 6 "D" batteries (not included). Adult assembly required. Holds up to 80 pounds.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

----------


And the response John got was prompt and did not disappoint.


From ins0mnyacsdr33m@xxxxx.com
Is all of that one large innuendo or just a really misplaced ad???
Either way, considering the context, it's really entertaining.

From "celery sticks"
should i get carrots AND butterscotch?

From "Damien B" damien@xxxxx.com
My name is, Damien.
I live in brooklyn Im 6'2" and I'm in college at the moment

If your interested you can hit me back up.




From "KT" backbloodfuge@xxxx.com
damn, that's the hottest posting I've ever read. I have a saddle sitting here and a riding crop waiting to be put to use. you game?
Be my butterscotch

From wowoy@xxxx.com
Hey,
I loved your post. But where are those sensors? and how much hair do
you really have :)

And then, inevitably, the posting was taken down.

"Your posting has been flagged for removal. Approximately 98% of postings removed are in violation of craigslist posting guidelines."

No comments: