Friday, December 7, 2012

The EADJ Crappinema Presents: "The Suburbans"




I love Will Ferrell. And I love boobies. So, naturally, I jumped at the chance to watch all three on this little known gem from 1999: "The Suburbans." It's the story of Jennifer Love Hewitt as a record label manager who stages a comeback for the one-hit wonder 80's band, The Suburbans. Pretty promising premise for a comedy, right? Right.


The thing that goes wrong here- pretty much all the way through- is that this is not about the band at all, but about one member and the relationship with his wife. And that one band member is not Will Ferrell. And it's not very funny.














































So much about this movie is about the one guy and his wife, and there are so many unfunny reaction shots of his face, that I'm going to float out a theory: that actor is the director. I base this assumption on four clues: 














































Overall grade: F

No comments: