Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl!



I'll admit it: I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I was too busy farting around the house doing something else or other. But I did want to recap this year's Super Bowl commercials, even though I hadn't seen those either. So here are the top ads that probably ran this year:

• Charles Schwab's "Deer Tick" commercial featured the indie band Deer Tick standing on the scalp of Drew Carey.

• Netflix ran a memorable commercial with two donkeys browsing suggested movie titles for them to watch on their donkey DVD player at their donkey house.

• The disease Cancer ran four commercials bragging about how it's all over the place.

• DHL had a commercial about "Da Vinci Code" author Dan Brown getting an enema from the Fat Boys.

• Jerry Springer appeared in a sensible ad for Baby Einstein® Mealtime serving dishes.

• GoDaddy.com ran a :60 second commercial featuring Danica Patrick's vagina.

• Bud Light continued its hallowed Super Bowl tradition of extremely expensive, unfunny bullshit.

• Lipton Tea ran a very obvious commercial about "Teabaggers" and the "Tea Party" with a big ol' fake march in Washington promoting its tea. Clever.

• Bob Dylan's likeness was illegally used to promote tourism in Little Rock, Arkansas.


**UPDATE: I just watched all of the Super Bowl ads in 15 minutes on YouTube. I was right!!

No comments: