Monday, August 5, 2013

The Joel Angel Project: Magic Trick #2

Yes, it took only 559 days, but Joel finally has a second magic trick video to offer for the Joel Angel Project. This being a stopgap, apparently:

"Okay, I'm doing two more videos, first of all. They take forever because I'm busy, and new iMovie frustrates me to no end, THIS video took a week of my just trying to figure out how to edit right. I miss old iMovie. I understood old iMovie.  Second, yes, that's a handlebar mustache--my poker pro mustache. I've since shaved it."





Execution: 6

Presentation: 3

Criss Angel Factor: 0. This is actually not a Criss Angel trick but a David Blaine Street Magic trick:



***Edit:***

Okay, Criss Angel actually HAS done this particular trick, too:



Secret Behind The Trick: A complex series of cables, pulleys and counterweights.


And by the way, Joel is right. The new version of iMovie does suck royally.

At this rate, we look forward to Joel's next videos on February 15, 2015 and August 27, 2016.

No comments: