Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cheryl Can't Find It


"Well, goshdarnit, where is that thing? I just put it in here before leaving the parking lot. I distinctly remember placing it in one of these side pockets before putting on my gloves in the car. Shoot. My keys don't belong there- I must have slipped them right in the bag instead of in my coat pocket.

"Oh, my coat pocket. Let me check there... Nope. A parking pass (gotta remember to get that validated) and a Walgreen's receipt. I know I put it in here somewhere. Jeez, I have to clean some of this stuff out that I've been lugging around for no reason. No wonder my shoulder hurts so much during yoga.

"No. Nope. No. Altoids Smalls... Sarah Brightman CD... No. 


"Oh, for the love of Mike, where the sam hill is that thing? Shoot. Gary totally got it right when he said, 'Cheryl, if your head weren't bolted to your neck, you'd lose that, too.' He so knows me. But I know I've got it in here somewhere.

"Wait. There's where I left my Nature Valley Bar. Mmmm. The cinnamon ones are my favorite!

"Wow. A ticket stub to Dragon Heart?! How old is that?! Lordy.

"What are you looking at?! I'm trying to find something in my purse. Mind your own business, lady. So nosy.

"I really should get a smaller bag. Or organize the pockets in this one. A nail file, great. A phone charger for a Palm Pre. I don't even own that anymore... No...

"BINGO! FOUND IT! Coupon for $5.00 off any regular size pizza at Pizza Hut! I knew I had it here! Win!"

No comments: