Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Let Me Tell You A Story.

Hey there.

Get comfortable, 'cause I got a story to tell you. Are you comfortable? Good.

People often ask me, Craig, what is the secret to becoming head regional manager at a tech consultancy firm like Teltech?

Others ask me, Craig, now that you've achieved head regional manager at Teltech, the fourth largest tech consultancy firm in the tri-state area, could you share with us some wisdom?

Sure, I say. And I lay some serious knowledge down on them:

If you want to get ahead in life, you gotta be ready to pay your dues.

That's it. It sounds simplistic, but I couldn't be more serious about what I'm talking about. I paid my dues at Teltech for 8 years to get where I am today. And I'm not trying to preach from my high up ivory tower, mind you. I'm trying to give all you younger employees at Teltech a reality check that you're going to have to do a lot of work you don't want to do to get to the point where you can call the shots.

Ah, God. My leg's starting to cramp. Do you mind if I switch legs here?

Now, what was I saying? Ah, yes. That you don't automatically get to swing your hammer the second you arrive at Teltech. Teltech is a true meritocracy, and employees get rewarded for the labor and contributions that they've given to the cause. Every Teltech job I had before achieving head regional manager was loaded with responsibilities and decisions that I would've preferred not to make- heck, even now as head regional manager, I'm not so hot on some of what's on my plate! But you make the best of it and try to make Teltech proud, and in the long run, you'll start seeing the fruits of your labor, and that's what it's all about.

What did you just text to me. A photo? Let me... OH MY GOD MY ASS LOOKS HUGE.

No comments: