Monday, March 19, 2012

The EADJ Crappinema (Finally) Presents: "Unbeatable Harold"


Ah, Jesus. You'd think after the debacle of losing my keys and the thumb drive that contained the Crappinema review of "Dead Awake," forcing me to rewatch and re-review that crappy movie, I'd have learned my lesson. But sure enough, earlier last month I got drunk and lost my keys AGAIN, losing the EADJ thumb drive that contained the mostly-completed Crappinema review of "Unbeatable Harold." So, yes, I had to rewatch and re-review this sumbitch, too. I must love awful movies.

"Unbeatable Harold" sets out to be a quirky comedy with a goofy underdog protagonist, which is in of itself a fair pursuit. However, rather than really getting to know the characters' motivations and desires, this movie breezes by with cheap jokes and at least five montages to move the story along. It's like someone's fast forwarding to the good parts, but there are none.

So can a film composed mainly of lazy montages build likable, quirky characters? No, I'm really asking you, because I don't know.






























































Sorry to end on such a down note there. Well, back to the review:

Overall grade: F

No comments: