Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Imagined Conversation.


"Hello, Streetwise Promotions?"
"Hi, I'd like to complain about the posters you guys made for my January concert?"
"Yes, what is the problem?"
"Well, you spelled my name right. My name is Fabolous. You guys spelled it 'Fabulous,' like the real word."
"Okay. How is that a problem that we spelled it right, sir?"
"The problem is that I intentionally spell it wrong, but you guys didn't spell it wrong like I like, so it's spelled all right now."
"Right. So how is that a problem?"
"My name is FabOlous. You spelled it FabUlous."
"Well sir, our designers put all of the words in the poster layouts through spell-check, so I'm sure there is no mistake."
"(Groans) Spell-check. Right. Yeah, my name is spelled wrong, so of course it will correct it. Listen, I've spent a lot of time and money building my rapper name, and although I initially spelled it wrong like an idiot, I have stuck to it to build on its equity. So you as a promoter should respect that my name should always be spelled wrong."
"So you want us to redo your posters so that they're spelled wrong, is that what you're saying?"
"Yes, please."
"I don't know what else I can do for you, Mr. Fabulous. We've had lots of happy clients whose posters we've made: Boys To Men, Ludicrous, Wrecks In Effect, Sierra, Soldier Boy Tell Them, and Business Marquee, to name a few."
*click*

No comments: