Monday, December 29, 2008

Aww, Hell No: Some Ill-Advised Hip Hop Covers


Promo card for G Stack and Deev Da Greed Presents Abraham Reekin', Vol. IV

So many questions. Why is Lincoln sitting on a cheesy overstuffed leather sofa from my cousin's studio apartment. Why the FDR-style cigarette blunt holder. How is "Reekin'" even remotely close to "Lincoln." I'd report this to the EADJ Pun Cops, but I don't think this even qualifies as a play on words. And do rappers' heroes always end up getting shot?



Plain, Pull My Finger


Combining fart humor with imagery from the L.A. riots of '92, Plain makes a statement both scatological and sociopolitical. Or not. Track 12 on this CD: "Restless Leg Syndrome" ft. T Nutty. It sounds as terrible as it sounds.


Big Kuntry King, My Turn To Eat

(CD cover courtesy of Andrew Gall)
Now, I do understand where this cover came from. The guy calls himself BK King or something, and two seconds later, you have a concept for the album art. But instead of going straight to shooting it, they should have asked, is this stupid? Some soul searching would have found a "yes."


L-Solo, I Am The Shit

Sigh. And I had that we had come so far since Millie Jackson:




Feuchte Traume, Frauenarzt
"Frauenarzt?!" Is that the name of the album or the sound that came out of her ass? Mein Gott!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

L-Solo is either not wearing any undies, OR he didn't pull them down for the shoot. I bet he left them up, not committing. YOU GOTTA COMMIT, L-SOLO!!!! You gotta commit.

Anonymous said...

Fart!