Monday, March 3, 2014

An Imagined Conversation


"Hello? Sandy? Where are you? I thought you said you were here."

"I am here, Mike. I told you to meet me at the GIFT CARD MALL, remember?"

"Yes, but you're going to have to be more specific. This mall is huge."


"Wait a minute. I just checked the sign, and it turns out I'm not at the GIFT CARD MALL at all."

"What?"

"Yeah, sorry about that, Mike. Turns out I'm actually at the SNACK STATION. This place is so vast that I didn't even get to read the sign until I walked a few blocks."



"Well, shit. I just looked at the sign above me, Sandy, and I'm not at the GIFT CARD MALL, either. I've somehow wandered into the SWOLLEN FEET OVERSIZED & NON-BINDING SOCK CENTER."

"Oh my God, Mike. Stop walking. You have no idea how far you've gone, have you?"

"I know. I'm totally scared. And my phone is running out of juice..."

"FOR GOD'S SAKE, MIKE. CONSERVE YOUR BATTERY POWER! I'M SENDING A RESCUE CHOPPER TO YOUR AREA TO LOOK FOR YOU!"

"..."

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!"

No comments: