Monday, June 7, 2010

"Conversation" Starter

There's a conductor on the NJ Transit train who I've noticed mispronounces one of these names of the stops on my route:

Maplewood
Millburn
Short Hills
Chatham
Madison
Convent Station
Morristown
Morris Plains
Denville
Dover


At first I thought I was hearing things, but he made the announcement three times and I heard it every time: he announces "Convent Station" as "Conversation."


I know what you're thinking: "Aw, he's just saying it so fast that it sounds like 'conversation.'" Well, you're wrong, homeslice. I may blast Pantera on my iPod, but I can still hear clearly once in a while.


Video proof:



Maplewood
Millburn
Short Hills
Chatham
Madison
Convent Station
Morristown
Morris Plains
Denville
Dover


I swear he says "conversation." Watch it again.

No comments: