Monday, April 12, 2010

A Special Message From The Bassist From Spit My Rage


Hi guys.

I'm Dougie, bassist for the hardcore band Spit My Rage. You might remember me from my brutal bass licks on the song "Curse You Out" and from the video for "Knife Heart."

No? Maybe you've memorized the slap-bass style (something I've worked on for six months!) on "P*ss Drunk and Plenty." Or a similar style I used on the main hook for "Darkened Lighthouse," the B-side to our second single, "Scream On, Tabitha."

Still, nothing? That's cool. You follow the band as a whole and haven't learned all the individual band member's names. I guess it doesn't help things that most of our album sales (almost 300!) on iTunes doesn't include liner notes. So I can understand that.

Spit My Rage. You've heard of us, right? Spit My Rage? We're all over the place. We played the Beholden Tour 2006-2009. We were onstage with Cruss at the Milwaukee Summerfest, for crying out loud. We're friggin' famous!

No? Fuck you.

No comments: