Monday, May 31, 2021

Meanwhile, Back At The Gaslight...


"Excuse me, sir."

"Yes?"

"I just got the bill, and it's $230 for a Coke and a tuna melt sandwich?"

"No, you ordered way more than that."

"I'm quite sure I did not."

"Yes you did. You ordered the grilled rib chop, the marinated lamb skewer, the steamed Maine mussels, the rotisserie cauliflower, the field greens with red and yellow tomatoes with crumbled feta and a roasted garlic dressing and the fruit gazpacho with watermelon, blueberries and strawberries."

"What?! This is outrageous!!!! I did nothing of the kind! It's just me and I ate a small lunch for 15 minutes!"

"You've been here for 23 minutes, ma'am, and you did manage to put it all away somehow. If you would like to see the dessert menu, I can always add that to the bill."

"... (sigh) Fine. I'll take a look."

No comments: