Thursday, May 20, 2021

And Now, Vince's Uncle Roberto On How To Restring A Wind Chime


Adding a wind chime to your backyard space is a simple, pleasant way to enhance your home. Whether you have a broken chime that needs to repair, here's how to string wind chimes all by yourself. 

1) To restring the chimes, you'll need a high-quality cord, a ruler and scissors.

2) Once your string is ready, use an upholstery needle so you can properly weave string through those long tubes. Needle-nose tweezers may also work. Measure as you go to make sure everything will look (and perform) as good as new.

3) When tying knots on your replacement string, you need a sturdy knot that will stand up to the test of time. We actually add a touch of glue to our knots to ensure a strong one that won't break or come undone.

4) You can test how well your wind chimes will function by giving them a soft ring with a tapping fork. This step will help ensure that when you hang your chime, it will ring just like it used to! If things sound a little bit off, you may need to restring one of the chimes again.

And speaking of chimes, I usually turn my cell phone on 'vibrate' when driving a fare in my limo. Of course, one time my daughter called me and my customer had to hear a few bars of Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing".

Be safe, kids!

No comments: