Friday, August 14, 2009

Another Typical Morning

Spotted on the Times Square 7 platform on my way to work, a keyboardist plays a little Michael McDonald to get the morning started. Then he stops playing when he catches me filming him.



Now, I like as much morning Michael McDonald as the next guy, but breaking out a big gun like "What a Fool Believes" is a little intense for my tastes. Why not something more mellow, like "Yah Mo B There" or "I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near)?" I mean, you really gotta pace yourself for the long day. Leave the more cranking choons like "It Keeps You Runnin'" or "Takin' It To the Streets" for after lunch.

Forgettin'. Runnin'. Takin'. Mr. McDonald doesn't like ending his verbs with G's.

I'm hopin' he's there when I'm commutin' home, playin' "Sweet Freedom" from the Runnin' Scared soundtrack.

No comments: