Monday, January 31, 2011

An Imagined Conversation


"Hello. I'm here."
"Who the fuck are you?"
"I'm here to play the main stage at 9pm."
"Good one. I think you've got the wrong place, buddy."
"No, seriously, I'm the main act."
"You."
"Yes, me. I'm on the bill right there."
"No, sir. On the bill we have Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, and George Jones playing a tribute to Waylon Jennings."
"Yes, and me."
"Sir, do you know where you are? You're at the Grand Ole Opry. Only country legends play here."
"Yes, I do play music from my country, too. But I'm mainly a classical guitarist. You can hear a lot of Spanish influence in my last CD, 'Romantico.'"
"Lissen, buddy. You're not playing shit anywhere here. Step aside. We're waiting for Willie Nelson to arrive."
"Like I said– I'm here!"

No comments: