Daryl Hall and Joan Oates were known for their catchy, hugely popular hits from the 80s. And in almost all of them, Daryl Hall ended the song with his unique brand of improvised vocalizations. As the music fades, you can hear him continuing to groove and reinforce the theme of the song with his scatting.
Here now is a quiz:
Here now is a quiz:
Identify the song by the Daryl Hall vocalization (some songs have multiple vocalizations):
1) Oooh but it’s wild oooh…
2) Watch out watch out watch out watch out…
3) We’re soul alone, girl…
4) I know it’s so hard for you…
5) Waiting for… waiting for… waiting for…
6) Oh I see you, oh I see you, private private private eyes girl…
7) Reach out, for something to hold…
8) Why do you have to say it isn’t…
9) Too cold girl… too cold girl… too cold girl…
Answers will be revealed Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment