Friday, November 16, 2007

The Dickside Chats, Part One (Entry #396)


In commemoration of the upcoming EADJ Entry #400, Eat A Dick Joel has asked Seattle reporter Andrew Gall to sit down and interview Joel himself on his views, thoughts, and general feedback on this eponymous blog. This is part one of a very special, very intimate series:

Andrew: Ladies and gentleman, I find myself in a very special place today--conversing with Joel himself on the eve of historic post #400. Joel, to start things off: did you ever imagine that things would reach this apex? I mean, we've been through everything from you eating dick to chimp servants to tyanna to you eating additional dick to corner bakery table tent workouts to you eating mondo dick to utilizing watches "for scale." Did you ever imagine the "legs" that EADJ has exhibited, and is there any reason NOT to expect things to continue unabated?

Joel: Did I imagine EADJ having "legs"? Well, perhaps a third one. I'm here all week! Try the veal! Seriously, Giles--can I call you Giles? You misuse the word "apex": I think this website has only just begun to live. White lace and promises. A kiss for luck and we're on our way.

Andrew: Alright. My apologies for the grammar snafu. Let’s keep going. Many loyal readers and non-dick-eating featured subjects or bit players on EADJ have at one time or another been contacted as a result of being located on the blog. Michelle’s stalker that looks like David comes to mind. What do you think are the ramifications of being able to track down someone via EADJ? Have we stumbled upon a new, streamlined process for finding people? Is it dangerous? What would Dean Hacohen say? Is it hard to talk with a dick constantly in your mouth?

Joel:
Longer questions aren't better questions, Brent. You're not giving me a dick. Goodnight! And tip your servers! I think it's important that EADJ constantly destroys itself, to rise again as something new, and relevant. The dominant paradigm ensures in its victory its own destruction. So, too, must EADJ evolve past just dicks in my mouth. As for what Dean Hacohen would say, I think it would be, "Are you gonna finish that?" And I'd say, "Yes Dean, I am. Stop asking."

Keep reading in the coming days for more of "The Dickside Chats."

(pictured above, Andrew's Dad checks out the latest "Savage Love")

No comments: