Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fresh Direct Thursday: Enchiladas With Beef Short Rib In Salsa Mestiza, or How To Make Your Tastebuds Seriously Consider Suicide

Today we decided to really take one for the team and try the Enchiladas With Beef Short Rib In Salsa Mestiza from Rosa Mexicano Kitchen. Now, this turned out to be one of the worst dishes yet. You fuckers owe me big.


The kitchen was not only busy today, but there was an actual LINE to the vending machine. I guess this either speaks to the readership of EADJ or how busy some people are in the middle of the day at Toucan Cleric's Fun.



Most of the times that I've eaten Beef Enchiladas I've either been drunk at 2am or been held hostage by banditos and that's all they had to feed me. So microwavable enchiladas are a "special" "treat."



Initially, I had trouble even getting the dish out of the machine. I guess even it knew I wouldn't like it.



There was no nutritional information on either the beef enchilada packaging or on the little sign on the vending machine. So instead, here's a photo of Sybil Danning:




Three minutes later, Ding!



I'm not really super-sensitive when it comes to the texture of food. But there was something about the morphing, gooey nature of the inside of the enchiladas that reminded me of those melting Nazi faces in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was not looking forward to biting into that.


Now, how do I put this- My mouth was raided by spices and reluctant meat. Beef arrived to the party but decided to sulk in the corner on the sofa. Meanwhile, the spices tried to talk to everyone without sticking around to say anything important or sensible.
Meanwhile cheese showed up and changed the music to Helen Reddy and Perry Como. And then salsa rummaged through everyone's coats on the bed to look for money.





Overall rating: F

No comments: